What is the best way to Mass Update your records in Salesforce?
Is there an easy way to Mass Update Opportunity stage & close date in bulk?
The 7 MUST-HAVE features you should look for in a Salesforce Mass-Update tool:
Do more with fewer clicks!
- Update Multiple fields in bulk: Let's assume that you have created a view/grid with all the open opportunities ending in the current quarter. Updating the opportunity-close-date or the opportunity-stage via a single-field-mass-update tool will remove the updated rows from the current view and won't give you the chance to update the second field. This behavior will enforce you to create multiple views in order to cover all the angels.
- Bulk update unlimited number of rows: Mass update of 50/100 rows at the time is better than updating the rows manually, but it tends to be very frustrating. A great mass-update tool must respect the search & filters when you do a mass-update, such a tool will allow you to mass update for all the relevant rows en mass.
- Mass inline edit: Any mass-update tool that respects your time & clicks must have a mass inline edit mode. The mass inline edit mode presents your data / records in a spreadsheet-like mode which enables you to do quick refinements on multiple rows at once and then enables you to the save all your changes in a single click. A great tool will also have search & replace and mass-calculation options similar to excel, such features could be a very handy.
- Mass Create: At the end of every a muss-update process you should ask yourself - what next? Should I tell someone about the change by creating tasks in mass? Or should I add a different related object for those records I just updated in bulk, with ZaapIT you can do those actions with ease.
- Mass Delete: Every mass-update tool that allows you to create records in bulk must allow you to mass delete those records i.e. allow you undo your changes. A great tool will even move those deleted record to the recycle bin.
- Search, Sorts, Filters & Views: the ability to create your own custom report-like views with custom filters, sorting & fields is very important - these kind of features will allow you to continue your work tomorrow / next week / after the holidays.
- Export / Save your data as a file: The ability to export the current records & save them as a file is a very valuable feature i.e. in case you would like to compare the before & after (of bulk update) or even to undo your changes e.g.when you / someone else changes their mind..